Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A June 7th Surprise: Have I mentioned that I am in love with my friend/roomie Duma? Knowing that we won't be together for my July 7th birthday and also knowing the plight of summer birthday party organizing when everyone is traveling, Duma threw me a fabulous surprise party on June 7th, a month before my actual birthday. It was the cutest thing ever. She recruited some friends to help distract me during the day and her and Fatou Sow (mostly Fatou) whipped up a mouth-watering ceeb bu weex (my fave) and white sangria. I came home around 5pm and was greeted with a big 'surprise!' from friends. Thank you all - especially Duma. It was really special.

Mariam, Tinari and Gabe cutting fruit for Sangria

Ceeb bu weex bu neeeexx

gifts from Mariam and Esperance

Duma has aptly named this photo "Ceebcoma"

1 comment:

Sydnie Mosley said...

yayay! CK's Bday!! I'll get to see you for the real one! Yay! Can't wait to see you!